Wearing the school uniform reflects our identity not only at school but also within the wider community. The uniform is an important part of our school tradition. Our hope is that children wear their uniform with a sense of pride and belonging.
When students are attend excursions, positive comments are often received regarding our students and they identify the school through the school uniform. The wearing of the uniform not only reflects who we are, but it eliminates any competition and fashion wear as well as any arguments at the beginning of the day regarding what to wear to school.
All St Thomas More's students are required and expected to wear the correct uniform. If students are not wearing the correct uniform, a uniform note will be sent home from the class teacher identifying the uniform area to be addressed.
The Uniform Shop is located in the front office and is open Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 3:30pm. All uniform orders and payments are to be made through the QKR app, and delivered to the child's classroom or for collection at an arranged time.
SCHOOL UNIFORM CODE
GIRLS & BOYS: UNIFORM
- Navy blue Unisex shorts with school emblem
- School blue Unisex polo shirt with emblem
- School Sport Socks (with school coloured stripes) or White socks (no brand names, symbols
- or stripes)
- School short zip or long zip track top with emblem
- School navy blue track pants with gold piping
- School Unisex rugby top with school emblem
- Appropriate footwear (black or mainly white sneakers) with appropriate coloured shoelaces
NOTE: Year 6 students s may wear the commemorative senior polo shirt.
- Must be worn for all outdoor activities including play during Terms 1 and 4, may be worn but are not compulsory during Terms 2 and 3 for all outdoor lessons, recess and lunch.
- Must be worn ALL year when attending excursions/all day events outside (i.e. Sports Day) refer to Cancer Council Guidelines).
- Hair colour and streaking is limited to two to three shades lighter or darker than a child's own natural hair colour and must be kept in a clean, neat and tidy manner. All hair longer than top of collar length must be tied back (i.e. pony tail).
- Headbands: Pale Blue or Navy Blue
- Scrunchies: Tartan, Pale Blue or Navy Blue
- Ribbons: Pale Blue or Navy Blue
- Clips/Clasps: Blue, Brown or Black only
- Hair Ties: Pale Blue, Navy or natural hair colour
- Earrings: Small studs may be worn (birthstone, gold or silver) - limited to ONE per ear
- Scarf, Gloves and Beanie: Navy and/or Pale Blue
- A thin gold or silver chain with a religious symbol may be worn under clothing, at the child's own risk.
- Watches and Medic Alert identification may be worn.
- Unusual cuts/styles, i.e. rats tails, shaved heads, patterned cuts, colour patterns
- Cuts less than a 'No. 2'
- Use of coloured gel or hairspray
- Fashion Accessories (including Bangles, bracelets, rings)
- Make-up of any kind (including nail polish)
- Any body piercing jewellery (including clear studs) other than approved earrings
- Acrylic nails
- An additional outer garment for extra warmth that is not plain navy blue
PLEASE ENSURE YOU CLEARLY LABEL EACH ARTICLE OF THE SCHOOL UNIFORM
WITH YOUR CHILD'S NAME
We also ask you to check items of the School uniform for names regularly to ensure your child has their own items - especially hats. If you find your child has accidently 'picked up' another child's item of the uniform please return it to the front office and the item will be returned to the correct owner.